Saturday, June 13, 2015

Camper College - New Jersey


Janine Pettit, Girl Camper,  and Stones Camping World of Berlin, NJ announce Camper College. The complimentary event for Girl Campers and friends will take place on July 10, 2015 at Stones Camping World, 127 North Rte 73, Berlin, NJ. 08009 from 6-8 PM. Light refreshments will be served.


 The Riverside Retro trailer. Stone's Camping World carries this girl camper favorite.
 Many girl campers find this a great alternative to the worries and expense of restoring a vintage trailer. As one who has restored several of them, I think I could be easily talked into this.





What is Camper College? Camper College is a complimentary evening of demonstrations and Q & A at an RV dealership. The event is designed to help alleviate anxiety and answer questions about owning and operating a travel trailer. Whenever I am at events, I always hear the same concerns being expressed by women. "I don't think I could hook that up!" "I would be afraid it would fall off the car." "How does the electric get to it at the campground?" "How do I back it up?" "Where does the toilet empty out to?" "How do I set it up once I get where I am going?" These are all legitimate questions and I am working to find dealerships who are interested in building partnerships and mentoring women entering the RV world.

We recently did a Camper College at Ketelsen Campers of Colorado in Wheat Ridge. They were selected by RV Business Magazine as one of the Top Five RV dealerships in North America for 2015. They did a phenomenal job at their Camper School and the feedback I received was stellar. Ketelsen's knows that they are building relationships with women who are coming into the RV world for the first time or perhaps for the first time as a solo. It was reported to me by many that they felt no sales pressure and a genuine concern for and attitude of, "how can we put you at ease?" Thank you Ketelsens and Stones Camping World for leading the girl camping charge in NJ!!!



To RSVP for Stone's Camping Worlds first Camper College event you can contact the dealership directly and leave a message for Maxine at 856-767-5422.   You can also join the 'Camp Like a Girl' at www.MeetUp.com  and RSVP there.
Happy Trails!

2 comments:

  1. If trailer dealerships are smart they will embrace the woman camper...just like hunting has tried to woo the women hunters. My husband and I rebuild vintage trailers and I often think these new ones would be nice. So many women think there is nothing to a re-build because that is what they read in books and magazines...until they get started or get a quote and then the trailer is abandoned. Sometimes I blame the women trailer groups for this....so many vintage trailers going down the road are so unsafe and that should be the number one priority.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New/Used Destination Trailers For Sale | Portland | Als Trailers

    Alstrailers have a wide range of collection of used RV sales in Portland, sale – Portland. Visit our website for more range of collections of all models of RVS.

    RV dealer Portland, RV sales in Portland, RV sales in Eugene, RV dealer in Eugene, RV services, RV rentals in Portland, RV Parts, RV accessories, New RVs for sale, New RV Trailers in Eugene.

    http://www.rvsalesportland.com/usedrv.aspx

    ReplyDelete